Sunday, May 31, 2009

I heart Amy....

Butler, Kaffe Fassett, Anna Maria Horner, Tania Whelan....(sigh). And that's what this little pile represents - lots of yummy fabric that I bought with my 'birthday' money back in February when I visited Patchwork on Central Park for the very first time. I hadn't found the right project to cut into it until the other day when I was cruising quilting blog world and discovered this quilt-along that The Old Red Barn Co is hosting. Looks like fun and seeing as it's over 6 weeks, managable!

I've been working away on the red and pink zig-zag today and it's really been giving me some grief. If anything was going to go wrong, it did. Lots of broken cotton.....but that's my fault for using cheap cotton. Lesson learnt. Then there was the caught up lining. Bah! Don't you hate that? So a bit of time spent unpicking and re-doing. I think most of the problems were caused by patching a strip of batting to make it wide enough, added to the huge amount of seams, so it was possibly a bit lumpier than usual. But all that aside, the stippling is all done. Now I just need to have a stretch and a think about what the binding should be. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment