Monday, May 25, 2009

Pink Zig, Red Zag....Sweet

I've been in love with Moda's Sweet by Urban Chicks range from the moment I set eyes upon it and desperately wanted it as a jelly roll. But I discovered it all too late and they were all sold out when I tried to purchase one....absolute classic case from my 'buyer behaviour' text books. The more I couldn't have it, the more I wanted it! And, what's more, I knew exactly what I'd make with it. So you can imagine my delight when I found two on our recent Sew and Sew's Melbourne trip. Yippee! Thank you GJ's.
Explaining this fabric lust is the excuse for now having two quilt tops on the go at the one time (not counting the paper piecing and not counting the first quilt I ever attempted that's in the cupboard not finished!). I just couldn't wait to see how it would work. It's another zig zag but slightly modified to suit the width of the 2 1/2" jelly roll (ie. cut 4.5" rectangles not 5.5") and uses the pinks and reds from each of the rolls (11 pink and red plus solid red). Here it is laid out on the floor before piecing.
The great thing is that I can get another two quilts out of the remaining fabrics........sweeeet!

No comments:

Post a Comment