Monday, June 22, 2009

Baby scrappy strip quilt

Very few of my circle of friends or family are having babies now so the excuse to make baby quilts is rarely used. This is really annoying when you want to make something small.
Then I suddenly remembered the girl at the other end of our building is having a baby in about 2 weeks. I don't really know her aside from bumping into each other in the kitchen and chatting whilst we prepare our lunch or coffee but her tummy has just become my perfect excuse to finish off the little strip quilt I've had in the work in progess pile. Having heeded the warnings from other quilters in blog land about this style of quilt, I never intended for this one to get too large (too many seams for easy stippling), so a baby quilt with white sashing is perfect. And seeing as this new mum doesn't know if she's having a boy or girl, the mish-mash of colours seems the right way to go. It's currently 81cm x 110cm, completely made from scraps, stash and sewn together batting so I shouldn't have any problems handing it over.....I always get so attached to my quilts, I can't bear to say goodbye to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment