Monday, November 23, 2009

One I prepared earlier....

....like way back in January 09!
This is a little quilt I made for a client who was having a baby. She knew she was having a boy and she's a lady who loves bright colours and I was looking for a small project, so it was easy to settle on a turquoise and orange stroller quilt.
Looking back I can't believe I survived making this quilt - I think that's why it's only little! It was in my 'early days' when I really didn't have much of a clue, much less a machine that was capable of being able to attach a walking or darning foot! This little number was fully constructed using my 1986 bottom-of-the-range Husqvarna...the very same one that I saved up for all those years ago and that I still love to use for piecing. Whilst I have been able to find a darning foot for it, there are no walking feet available for this machine now. But I haven't been game enough to try the darning foot....that's for a day with a quiet moment, a bit of scrappy material and some experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment