Friday, January 15, 2010

Summer Love....

We're in the last throws of summer school holidays and I've been lucky enough to have some time off. We're not going away. We're mooching. We're spending time at home, relaxing. For me that means a bit of catch up study and sewing in between friends coming to play, visiting friends and movies to see. I'm making an effort to finish some of the projects I've had in the WIP pile. I've spent the last few days piecing this very straight forward 5" square patch featuring Denyse Schmidt's Katie Jump Rope fabric. The first time I saw this quilt, I knew that was the quilt for me. I've had the fabric squares cut since October. I just love the nostalgia I feel with this fabric. I reminds me of my Grandma and Great Aunt Nell. It's the sort of fabric they would give me to 'play' with when I was little. Yep. It's summer love all right!

2 comments:

  1. Love to see L peeking around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been amassing my KJR stash for a while and contemplating what to do with it design-wise. This is simply simple and perfect. ::filing it away::

    ReplyDelete