Monday, July 5, 2010

Maybe it's not so bad.....

I've dug out a flimsie which according to my little book of quilt notes, was started in June 2009. It's based on Crazy Mom's Flea Market Fancy Quilt. I recall at the time feeling really disappointed with the outcome, particularly the mass of the same density of colour and limited contrast. I folded it up and put it in the cupboard. But I'm on a bit of a 'you can't start anything new (again) if you don't finish off a UFO' drive.
This quilt top is a lot bigger than I remember. I must have been braver a year ago!
Looking at it lying on the floor a year later....it's actually not that bad. Maybe it was the afternoon winter sun pouring through the window that pepped up the colours from how I'd remembered them. Or maybe it was reminiscing about the lovely Amy Butler fabrics that I loved so much when I first started quilting and the few fat quarters that I purchased on our road trip to Melbourne a year ago....maybe I just take better photos! Whatever it was that caused me to fold it up and push it to the back of the cupboard didn't seem so bad this time. So this quilt top is out. It has a back. It's basted and it's ready to get quilted sometime soon. Stay tuned....hopefully not another year away!

1 comment:

  1. It's a great quilt! I especially love the citrus colors...orange is one of my favs. I can't believe it was almost abandoned. But I'm sure we all have some of those projects :)

    ReplyDelete