Sunday, February 20, 2011

A solid finish.....

My Solid Foundations quilt is finished! I started this quilt back in late December for my brother JP who lives interstate. I've been picking it up and putting it down so it seems like it's taken an eternity to finish but after moving the basted quilt for the sixty millionth time, I felt an urge to start quilting it late on Friday night and it is now finally done.
There are so many things I really love about this quilt.
I love the solid colour in the square block construction. Some more than others as I got a little freer with them with the more I produced. I particularly love the little strip of coloured squares and rectangles at the bottom. I really love the green Ikea bird fabric on the back. I think it was from the Cecilia range last year and I've pretty much used up all that I had in this colour bar a few left over strips cut off after quilting.I love the strip of solid squares that runs down one side and across the top of the back. A great way to incorporate the front into the back and again using up most of these colours from the stash.
I'm really loving the solid black binding and think that it frames the whole quilt really well.
And most of all, I love how all of the fabrics came from my stash. Satisfaction indeed.
Quilt statistics:
Measures - 75" x 60"
Fabric - Kona Solids, Spotlight Solids, Ikea
Quilted - free motion meander by Theresa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Aren't you glad that's finished?

    I think I see a solid quilt in my future....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your quilt! I have a yard of the bird fabric that I don't know what to do with. I love it though.

    ReplyDelete