Thursday, April 14, 2011

14.....

R turned 14 at the beginning of the week. I can't believe it. And even though she promised me last year that her 13th birthday party would be her last, she managed to wangle another one out of me! Of course, she twisted it around and said that it was because I love to organise a party! This year she chose the theme of red and white. We made lovely little invites out of cardboard swing tags and red and white fabric scraps stitched onto them and tied with red and white bakers twine. (I wish I'd got a shot!) Everyone was asked to wear red and white and they dutifully complied. Even little bro and Dad!All the food had a red and white theme....although some of my cupcake icing and sugar sprinkles turned pink. R made red velvet cup cakes and a strawberry cheesecake....delicious! We turned the green and white gazebo red with swathes of red organza and red chinese lanterns.And whilst the weather was a bit cool, the rain held off, so we fired up the chiminea to warm the cockles....and I can't say that there wasn't a bit of red wine consumed by the grown ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment