Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby Bliss Bow-Tie.....

The 'Baby Bliss Bow-Tie' quilt is finished and is even more divine than the first bow-tie mini quilt I attempted a few weeks ago. This one is slightly bigger at 32" x 36", made up of 4" blocks (8 x 9) that feature triangles cut from 2 1/2" wide strips. All of these triangles are from the off cuts from a Bliss jelly roll (Bonnie and Camille for Moda). Bliss really lends itself to cream, pink, aqua, grey and green backgrounds. I've also used white in some of the blocks and whilst Bliss is cream based, these blocks really pop and look lovely and crisp.The quilting is straight line in between each of the joins in both directions....simple! I've used a Moda plaid fabric (sorry, I've forgotten it's name after cutting off the selvedge) in grey which is a lovely choice for a neutral backing that doesn't fight with the front or the binding. The binding is a Spotlight version of honeycomb in red and white which also works well Bliss. This range was a lovely quality and I'm kicking myself for not stashing more as the red has run off the shelves at my local stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment