Thursday, August 11, 2011

Procrastination pays off....

Back in early July I did everything to avoid starting a rather tough uni assignment and ended up making Red Pepper's pieced border quilt top out of my scrap strips. The assignment ended getting done but the top lay in the cupboard until the other night when I after I'd finished basting another quilt I'm working on, I had the right sized piece of batting left over for this quilt. So I basted this one too and because this one is smaller than the other one, I ended up quilting this one first. I love this little quilt. I love how the bright pinks and lime greens pop against the chilled seafoam background. I've also chosen plain and simple Kona coal for the binding as everything else I tried didn't work against the scrappy border. The Kona coal frames the whole quilt beautifully. The back is a lot of fun and features the red hippos from Ikea. The size was just right at 45" wide, so it's all one piece.Quilt stats:
Pattern - Red Pepper Pieced Scrap Border Quilt Tutorial
Size - 45" square
Fabric - scraps, Kona Seafoam, Kona Coal, Ikea Hippos in red
Quilted - straight line by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment