Sunday, January 29, 2012

What a star....

After a couple of marathon quilting and binding sessions, I managed to finish my Made in Cherry star quilt. Wow! This quilt turned out huge. Mine measures 84" x 84" and even with straight line quilting it felt like I was lifting a tonne or two. But I'm thrilled it's done and delighted with how it turned out and can tick that holiday project off the wish list.
We took a few days off to our shack for the last of the school holidays and these shots were taken at the old milk depot at the end of our road. I've always wanted to take a photo of a quilt here and given the enormity of this one, it was the perfect spot....even though my quilt holder upperers got a little bit tired during the procedure. It's hard to get good help these days!The fabric is Sugar Creek by DS Quilts (Australian releases) and the binding is the pink/blue/grey argyle which I love as a binding.The back features some left over blocks set in a chequerboard pattern. I had to buy some more grey for the back and ended up buying it from a different bolt so it's ever so slightly different. Given I was the one who purchased all the rest from the other bolt I'm not really in a position to complain. And as Kay always says...."we're the only one's who notice these things!".Now I'm off to iron a whole bunch of blocks that I put together whilst I was away.

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks wonderful!! And how nice to get some vacation time as well! I love the quilt, and the back is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a lot of these quilts around each one I see makes me want to make one more and more. Ahh one more item to add to the list.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Theresa - love it with the grey background and the binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love how well the grey highlights the colors! I tend to gravitate toward whites for "backgrounds", but I'm loving all the deeper colors I'm seeing ... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete