Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tuffted Tweets for the table....

It was my sister's birthday during the week so I made her a set of four placements and napkins using Laurie Wisbrun's Tuffted Tweets in red and orange and Elizabeth Hartman's Color Block Placemats and Napkins pattern for Sew, Mama, Sew! I've been hoarding this fabric for a little while now just waiting for the right project. I'm glad I've finally cut into my stash and have to say it's lovely soft fabric to work with so I can see a few more cuts in my future. I teamed the print with a natural linen that I purchased from my local quilt store.The placemats are stippled and bound in Kona Charcoal. Something I went back and forth over before I made my final binding decision. But I'm glad I settled on charcoal, it's just enough to frame the mats without being dominant which I think black may have been. Both the napkins and mats are backed in an orange quilters muslin.
And for fun....something I haven't done for ages....a bit of biscuit baking. White chocolate and cranberry cookies....yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment